Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

good progress in nursery - help!

yes, it's that time of year again - performance management!! we have a new head and have combined to make an all through primary and all staff have a target of their class making good progress. so what is this for nursery? some say moving through 3 steps is expected progress. so i guess this is a bare minimum, so good would be 4? e.g. child at 30-50 emerging expected to be 40-60+ consolidating for good progres?

what do you all think? x :o

Think that depends on the children , going from emerging to secure can be excellent progress for some children

As long as they are moving forward and all children are enabled to do this that's got to be good! Right

Doesn't all depend on how you are narrowing the gap - If they all just make 3 "steps" in the way we have created (not statutory in any way) from their starting points then they could all still be off track for a GLD. Isn't it better to target around a narrowing the gap focus between groups who are doing less well? It's not just marching along the line but about tackling under performance surely?

We've gone with 80% making 3 steps.

so is 3 considered good?

i agree catma, but whole school got same as combining 2 schools and i suppose new head trying to ensure ok for ofsted who will no doubt be in as due and new school......... our less able tend to do best of all as we get interventions in place october and refer as soon as poss. few referred for speech/understanding already, and monitoring some others. so i am not worried about them

• 2 weeks later...

For my Performance management Ive got the target of 80% of children improving their achievement from 30-50 months + in a particular area. That way because the abilities and stages of the children are so broad it caters for all of the children's progress.

I assume you mean the age bands. I was thinking of some system like the old stepping stones... (being old myself!)

Usually, in this context, it's taken to mean emerging-developing-secure. So, three steps could be starting from emerging in 30-50, through dev and secure, to emerging in 40-60 mths. :1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)