Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised Eyfs Guide For Parents

apple

Thanks for that Apple. I was at the conference yesterday where Sue Robb launched this. She said through the consultation with parents about the EYFS, they overwhelmingly asked for it to be made available online because they don't like getting so many bits of paper from settings; they always lose them! Maybe you could offer your parents the choice?

• Like 1

Mmmm it is alot of copying....and printer becoming exhausted !! :)

We shall copy maybe 6 for the foyer parents table and now, thanks to Helens idea, add a poster with web link!! That should do it !?!?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to put their settings information into the "unprotected" box? It asked for a password and I have emailed 4child to ask about it but not heard back.

I couldn't use the unprotected box in the one I downloaded off the DfE as it kept saying 'locked' (!) However I have been able to change the one that I just downloaded from here! Thank you :D very much

Fabulous isn't it!! Anyone else had problems with the large editable content box. I filled it in, and printed both in colour and in b and w, however, when I tried to photocopy my printouts, the box was completely unreadable as solid black!

I have sent most parents electronic versions, but it would have been nice to have a simple photocopiable version to give to those who prefer hard copies.

Are you sending this out to all your parents or keeping a copy at the setting for them to look at?

It was certainly implied at our briefing that we had to ensure each parent had a copy of their own :huh:

We are now having a mega 'email drive'... We're preschool, and not had much success with collecting email info so far. - our lot obviously still like to pin the newsletter on fridge! ...... Actually it's more a case of- they may have trouble saying 'oh I never got that email' which is the usual excuse for the newsletter!

x

• Like 2

Guest cathy m

I was at LA forum a couple of nights ago ant they spoke about the revised EYFS parent guide and how we can put our own bit on front (as we know it's 2 small boxes) apparently there are further adaptations to come such as:

it will be available in different languages

currently no mention of additional needs DfE are addressing this.

Will be able to potentially take out its photos and insert our own

Looking to develop an app

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sn0wdr0p

Bless you Hopeytg I had given up trying to put my logo at the top and thought I was going to have to make my own version so thank you. Will have a look at it later. After the hair dye has worked. Hope I don't have ginger roots like the last time I used this brand. (Asda did not have my usual in)

Guest cathy m

I received an email today from foundation years with plenty of information including the section below:

Foundation Years Parents’ Guide

Following on from the publication of the Parents’ Guide there has been feedback from settings about the guide. We have made a number of changes including a new tearaway page on at the back of the document so settings can include as much information as they wish. This will be available from the EYFS framework and guidance page on the Foundation Years Website from midday Monday.

User Guide to the Parent’s Guide

The Foundation Years Team has produced a user guide for the Parent’s Guide that helps settings edit the text boxes and insert their setting logo. This will be available from the EYFS framework and guidance page on the Foundation Years Website from midday Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

We're making the booklet accesible online but doing a parents display highlighting all the important parts trying to reduce as much of the writing as possible for parents/carers who struggle to read. Copies of the booklet will be available to look at in display books hung next to the display for any parents/carers who don't have online access and we'll just send a note home with the link to the website and a DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE NEW EYFS 2012 DISPLAY IN THE RECPETION AREA slogan hopefully they'll all want to look. Also staff will draw parents/carers to the board too so they can help to explain it nothing like forcing them to take an interest :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)