Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fairy Doors

In my spare(!!!!) time I collect vintage dolls houses and I have taken one of them into preschool as a provocation for storytelling. I leave some items of furniture inside and some items to start the story off for example some miniature birthday cards or a broken teapot or a pair of little wellies and a dog lead. The fun we have with what has happened?, who was there? etc

The fairy door is absolutely wonderful! Never mind the nursery, I WANT ONE :o

I wanted it if truth be told - I might let the children play with it eventually!

I did briefly consider making one myself, but I'm not terribly creative (apart from in my mind), though I could easily spend my spare time making one rather than the SEF, or appraisals etc etc xD

We enjoyed a couple of provocations before Christmas which totally engaged the children, and it's so easy to forget this sort of thing with everything else we feel we have to do (we had some particularly challenging behaviour to contend with which is now showing the fruits of our labour), so I determined to make sure we have provocations much more regularly and the fairy door charmed me so I'm off to a good start!

Now where's that postman!

Thought you maybe interested in this...Australian site but has an inspiration section on how to use fairydoors. You have to wait for it to download. The drop down menu on inspriations there are 10 starting ideas. Fairy doors

Theres a pottery in the dales that makes doors for the garden.

We live near Cottingley so we believe :o

Ahh, thanks for the link Biccy, some great ideas, think I'm going to need some tiny fairy writing paper! The only problem is that now I need a fairy door for indoors too! I wonder if we have a parent who could make one....

This has just reminded me that we have CD entitled something like Fairy Garden with some lovely instrumental music on it...I feel a plan coming on!

Can't wait to leave a trail of bricks leading to a castle!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)