Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Photo Policy

Hi we have just had our nativity. I stood at the front and did my bit about fire exits then the photo bit. we are happy for photos for your own personal albums but please do not put on networking sites such as facebook. within and hour of it finishing guess what photos on facebook. another parent did remind this one that i had said no photos.

I am going to put a reminder on our newsletter.

I was looking at our phots policy and it was aimed more at what we do as staff does not mention events etc.

Does anyone have something I could adapt please.

many thanks

Buttercup

Regardless of policy, I don't think there is anything legally you can do about parents putting these photos up on Facebook. However, if there are any parents who don't want their childs photo up on the site they can contact Facebook directly and they will remove them if the child in question is under 13 I believe.

Regardless of policy, I don't think there is anything legally you can do about parents putting these photos up on Facebook. However, if there are any parents who don't want their childs photo up on the site they can contact Facebook directly and they will remove them if the child in question is under 13 I believe.

That useful to know I always ask parents not to place on internet i.e. facebook any staff or other children. So far it hasn't happened (fingers crossed)

My staff said they would prefer not to be on there as we are a little older and don't all play the facebook games! I have to get my daughter to check it all out for me :o

Hi Buttercup i have been recently thinking the same thing.

I agree with Beau that i'm not sure legally we can insist that they don't, could we say to parents/ carers that to enable for us to continue to enjoy taking photos at events, that we all agree that no photos will be placed on facebook.

Any photos found would be a breach of this and will result in all cameras, video devices being banned from events.

Really harsh i know but children and other parents have rights too. :o

Guest MaryEMac

This is something that we will be addressing at our Nativity this week. We are going to ask that no photos are taken during the performance and that we will allow some to be taken when we have moved certain children away as thet are not allowed for various reasons to be photographed. We are also going to ask that no group photos are placed on facebook only individual ones of their own children if they so wish.

Mary

Hi

I went to work today and we talked about this as our nativity is on sun. The administrator said that they have now added the following to the terms and conditions of playgroup and issued today to all parents

Child protection is our overriding concern and in signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing not to upload any images taken at playgroup or at playgroup events or other events where playgroup takes part if the image is linked with playgroup, on cameras, phones or through any other medium on to any social networking sites including but not limited to Facebook, Bebo etc

So if they are caught doing it they will be excluded from playgroup is what I have been told today.

If it is a public event that your group is taking part in though marley you might have trouble making that bit stick because in public places I think anyone can take photographs and then they own the rights to the photograph and can do pretty much what they like with them. Unless it is illegal, I guess.