Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ourselves For Under 3s

I have been through the forum searching ourselves and have got alot of ideas but alot seem to be based on school nursery / reception age and was wondering if anyone had any ativities they had tried out for under 3s? I am planning ourseleves for our new intake of playgroup children who are just 2 and also for our new creche children who are any age from 3 months up, I am googling and reading up and swotting but nothing beats tried and tested :-)

A nice idea I've seen done for the little ones in a baby room is an 'all about me book'........parents are asked to take home a large sheet of sugar paper, or thin card, and to put on there pictures/photographs of their child and anyone else who is important to them ( granma, grandad, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters etc), photos of anything else thats important to them ( teddy, their house, garden, toys, whatever), provide a camera for the family to use if necessary, then download and print them at your setting. Then put everyone's pages together to make a big book for the room, that everyone can look at together. It helps you to put people in context too, if the child starts talking about aunty sue, you'll know who she is, what she looks like etc. Make a nice thick cover for it, and you could protect that with sticky back plastic, or if the book is smaller, you could laminate it............. hang it up where everyone can see and admire it

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post now but with Sept in in not too distant future I was looking for idea's to extend our 'All about me' topic for the start of the new term.

I am a cm but I work with 2 others so we work to a key worker system and we follow a routine i.e. tidy up time, snack time, story time etc, I feel that this starts the children on the right path socially when they move on.....anyway ;)

I have planned on making a tree for each of the children from sugar paper I have already asked parents to provide photo's, special names etc. we are going to put these together as an activity (perhaps I should have sent the sugar paper home for parents to do with their child), these 'Family Tree's will go on display.

Now I have read about the book idea, I think we may do that as well so that the children can sit and look through....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)