Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fees

We had put off our fee increase whilst we decided on new premises but after 2 years of no increase in fees or wages its time for use to look at it again.

Also i think since i will be effectively opening a new setting, i think its time to look at the sessions on offer too.

So if some of you wouldn't mind sharing your general location, main sessions and costs i would be really grateful :)

Sessions: 3yrs+

• 8-9am £3.00
  • 9-1pm/1-5.30 £12.10
  • 9-4pm £20.50
  • f/s collection £13.10/18.80

8-5.30 £29.20

[*]3-5.30 £7.30

all prices inclusive of lunch and snacks

Thanks

Ali x

Devon pre-school £2.60 per hour (has just gone up from £2.50).

We are only open term time. Children can do any combination of sessions:

Morning: 9-12

Lunch club: 12-1

Afternoon 1-3.30

Morning snack is included in the price but they bring their own packed lunch.

wow we wouldnt be able to stay open on £5 per session! thats so low.

Is there anyone else more north-west? there's a lot of different prices there but i notice that the further south and more rural the areas are all leaning towards £4 per hour. wondering if theres so much difference up here too or if we're just a lot lower?

We charge £2.25 per hour with sessions 9-12, lunch club 12-1, afternoon session 12-3. I was asked by my EYPS assessor how we manage to survive. The answer is simple...poor wages! Sorry i'm feeling sorry for for the early years workforce at the moment, with the promise of so much, which has amounted to less than we had before!

Very sad!

We are North west area. A preschool sessional playgroup charging £3.25 an hour, and really, no we can't afford to operate at that rate, but any higher and we will lose current families.

We are North west area. A preschool sessional playgroup charging £3.25 an hour, and really, no we can't afford to operate at that rate, but any higher and we will lose current families.

Hi Holly - would they go to 'rival groups' - are there groups in your area that have a cheaper rate? Or would they simply stop attending any pre-school provision?

In all honesty sunnyday it would be a combination of all three. We are seeing more and kore holding off until funding starts, more moving to school nurseries because "it gets them ready to start school" (roll eyes) and others being poached by rivals because they subtly imply school acceptance if they attend their EY setting. We have always been fiercely proud of our independence from all local schools (with good links with them all) and our unique offering of sessional opening but this seems to be working against us in the current economy climate.

Hi

We are a pre school in hertfordshire and we offer breakfast club from 8-9 at a cost of £3.50 a session, a pre school session is £9.50 for 9-12 or 12-3 and finally lunch club is from 12-1 for £3.50 per session.

Hope that helps!

North East, affulent area very close to city centre ( Newcastle)

Term time only

9:15am t0 12:15pm

£9 a session for none funded children

Funded child works out to be £11.40

SazzJ how do you get around the clause about your funded children not subsidising the non-funded children ? We have to be careful that the funding stays in line with fees so that it isn't being used to support the children who pay, and we can be stopped from having NEG funded children if this is found to be the case ! xD

As for the fees thing - non funded £4 an hour , funded £3.83 an hour :o

how do you get around the clause about your funded children not subsidising the non-funded children ? We have to be careful that the funding stays in line with fees so that it isn't being used to support the children who pay, and we can be stopped from having NEG funded children if this is found to be the case !

In our LA this was always taken to be against good practice but they don't go as far as saying what we can and cannot charge. A while ago we couldn't have charged the same or higher as we wouldn't have had any unfunded children. So it may vary between authorities.

SazzJ how do you get around the clause about your funded children not subsidising the non-funded children ? We have to be careful that the funding stays in line with fees so that it isn't being used to support the children who pay, and we can be stopped from having NEG funded children if this is found to be the case ! xD

As for the fees thing - non funded £4 an hour , funded £3.83 an hour :o

Hmmm I am not sure but def something i'll check out for def. We aren't the only setting in the area to do this though. They all charge less than the funded.

• 2 weeks later...

Full day care in Somerset

Am Session £21.00

Pm Session £14.00

9 hour Session £33.50

10 hour Session £35.00

Discounts for 2nd children and for full time spaces

We need to increase our fees in September due to rising costs and due to the fact that we have just discovered that we are charging well below other nurseries in the area! Also going to review our annual leave entitlement which is currently at 2 weeks free per year.

Would be interested to see fees and holiday entitlement for other day nursery settings :)

South Derbyshire, Full day care, preschool, b4 & after school and holiday provision all in one opening from 7am to 6-7pm ish dep on last child.

£3.75 per hour flat rate with 2 hour minimum session period.

Put up April (we do it that way to coincide with WFTC as this is where most families get their help) and thought it would be a problem but everyone really supportive and lost no one!

Edited by Guest