Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cache Dpp Unit2 Qb

Hi Guys

I am working my way through question B in cache unit2 assignment

Analyse the importance of planning for all children .

Just wondered if anyone would have a look and see if they think i am on th e right track or see if i am missing anyting vital.

Thanks so much

B. Analyse The Importance Of Planning For All Children.

All children develop at different rates and each one has individual developmental needs, strengths, interests and their own unique learning style. As governed by the Children’s Act 2004 all children have the right to an education and as professionals, who understand that each child is an individual, we see it as our duty to provide, not only a varied, broad and balanced curriculum but, a differentiated curriculum.

“Careful planning is required if all children are to:

• Operate as self-motivated, independent learners;

• Gain relevant, meaningful experiences;

• Be offered equal opportunities;

• Have access to adult time.”

The Foundation Teacher in Action

Margaret Edgington (2004)

Planning should involve all members of the team working in the setting as well as parents .All relevant information gathered from analyse of observations, chats with parents should be included, as well as information gained from IEP’s . This consultation phase of planning is vital if all children are to be considered equally in the plans and for the team to work effectively for the benefit of the children and their own professional……??

Practitioners reflecting on the previous weeks plans to discover how successful they were at meeting the needs of each child will be in the best position to plan further.

• Improvements to the way we deliver the curriculum;

• next steps to plan for as a result of the learning achieved;

• further enhancements needed to the provisioning;

• assessment of which children accessed which opportunities;

• how the overall environment impacted on the children’s learning;

• how effective the deployment of adults was;

• how flexible the planning was;

• questioning the planning’s inclusivity and whether it truly reflected all the children’s family backgrounds and interests ,

• whether the plans built on the continuity between home and setting;

• whether the planned activities challenged and inspired the children

all inform for the next steps in the planning process.

Effective planning and communication of it benefits the:

• child:- To finish

• parent: - encourages discussions with their child, informs and educates them of the development and growth of their child, encourages links with home and values them as educators themselves.

• practitioner:- raises self esteem and confidence, conveys professionalism and strengthens the team.

i look forward to any suggestions

:o

I think this is great, don't think you have missed anything and you must have nearly finished it now! well done, what optional unit are you doing?

Here is a bit of my section B

Planning for every child is a fundamental requirement of EYFS. One of the four themes ‘a unique child’ informs us that ‘practitioners should deliver personalised learning, development and care to help children to get the best possible start in life’ EYFS practice guidance pg 6. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to become acquainted with their key children and their families. Children who feel secure and welcome within a setting begin to explore and experiment. This in turn enables the practitioner to study their learning styles, interests and motivators. ‘Having an existing interest in a particular theme means that children approach it with enthusiasm and expertise, giving them confidence and increased motivation to engage in the activities provided. Children can use this expertise best in carefully planned, open ended learning opportunities’ Nursery World 29.09.09 pg 16. This highlights the importance of an individual child’s interests in progressing their development. The United Nations convention on children’s rights, article 12, states that adults should consider the opinions of the child when making decisions that affect that child, and value those opinions. Individual planning enables practitioners to provide an inclusive environment and also identifies those needing additional support. The New Child in Focus (pg 47).

I think this is great, don't think you have missed anything and you must have nearly finished it now! well done, what optional unit are you doing?

Here is a bit of my section B

Planning for every child is a fundamental requirement of EYFS. One of the four themes ‘a unique child’ informs us that ‘practitioners should deliver personalised learning, development and care to help children to get the best possible start in life’ EYFS practice guidance pg 6. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to become acquainted with their key children and their families. Children who feel secure and welcome within a setting begin to explore and experiment. This in turn enables the practitioner to study their learning styles, interests and motivators. ‘Having an existing interest in a particular theme means that children approach it with enthusiasm and expertise, giving them confidence and increased motivation to engage in the activities provided. Children can use this expertise best in carefully planned, open ended learning opportunities’ Nursery World 29.09.09 pg 16. This highlights the importance of an individual child’s interests in progressing their development. The United Nations convention on children’s rights, article 12, states that adults should consider the opinions of the child when making decisions that affect that child, and value those opinions. Individual planning enables practitioners to provide an inclusive environment and also identifies those needing additional support. The New Child in Focus (pg 47).

HI VIcky

Thanks so much for your help -

I didnt think about quoting fmor the EYFS practice guidance - good idea .

I am doing option unit 1- helping parents with literacy numeracy etc - but have not even opened that file !!!

How are you doing with Unit 3 - have you made a start .

Let me know if you want any advice. Not had it marked - it is due in the same marking slot as you -as i said before just wanted to make sure I didnt miss it - without being too stressed!!

Thanks again Vicky

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)