Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self Evaluation Form For Ofsted

ldwebster

Hi I've spent a very frustrating morning trying with the guidance notes trying to fill in the SEF! really could do with seeing an example of a childminding one so i have half a chance of doing it right. Does any one know of any resources that might help or have any suggestions?

Hi I've spent a very frustrating morning trying with the guidance notes trying to fill in the SEF! really could do with seeing an example of a childminding one so i have half a chance of doing it right. Does any one know of any resources that might help or have any suggestions?

Hi - check out recent thread 'Exemplar SEF' - some very kind people have uploaded their completed SEFs

I have a publication 'From Good to Better' - http://www.acblack.com - I found this really useful when working on mine (still not completed :o )

Should have said - I'm pre-school!

Hope this helps

Sunnyday

Hi ldwebster & welcome to the forum.

I've just completed my childminding sef :o There were some great examples in the exemplar Sef post, not all from childminding settings but they'll make you reflect on your setting and what you may want to include in yours.

I found my last Ofsted report was the best place to start. It pretty much tells you what to put in the first section about your setting and you can then add in anything extra you want to.

Next I matched up the SEF headings to the comments in my Inspection report and noted what I wanted to include or expand upon.

By doing this it broke the SEF into small bite-size pieces which were less intimidatiing somehow. Then by plodding through it a section at a time you WILL get it completed. My local Network team also offer training and support - is there anything similar in your area?

As I'm a "muppet" (my daughter's description!) on the computer I can't upload mine to share but if you want to post any more questions, feel free!

Good Luck!

Nona

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarahjt - welcome to the Forum!

Honestly WE ALL feel the same about the SEF and have spent months avoiding it :o My Local Authority ran a training course - is there anything similar available to you?

If not, don't panic! Have a look at the exemplar SEF's uploaded on here. They'll give you an idea of what examples of best practice to include and how to word it.

You'll get more confident the more sections you complete and remember, you can change it at any time before you submit and even afterwards if you suddenly think of something that has changed or that you'd want to include.

Good Luck!

Nona

Ji Idwebster and welcome!

I went on a course not long ago about SEFs and we were told to use these to get started;

Your last Ofsted report - lots will still be relevant and how you responded to any recommendations

The 'Are You ready for Your Inspection' document

Welfare requirements for EYFS. How do you put them into practice?

Ask parents for detailed feedback

Feedback and ideas from the children

'Principles into practice' card in the EYFS pack - do you follow the effective practice recommendations?

I hope these will give you something to start with.

Good luck and keep asking.

• 1 month later...
Hi zillertal

I did a forum search for 'exemplar' and found it here.

You just click on the blue oval box at the top right of the screen and type in your key words.

Maz

thanks maz I will have a look through them

ziller

• 10 months later...
Hi - check out recent thread 'Exemplar SEF' - some very kind people have uploaded their completed SEFs

I have a publication 'From Good to Better' - http://www.acblack.com - I found this really useful when working on mine (still not completed :o )

Should have said - I'm pre-school!

Hope this helps

Sunnyday

Hi there

I am new in the forum, and I am in a panic wih me Self-evoluation form xD

I have ben so stress that its crazy :(

so I need some helpTou are saying ha some people have upload their completed SEFs

but I dont know how to go to RECENT Thread

can you reply to me and explain where to go

thanks so much

ana

• 3 weeks later...
but I dont know how to go to RECENT Thread

Just look at my previous post and click on the word 'here' which is underlined to show it is a link to the previous discussion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)