Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Alternative To Easter Bonnet Parade

hali

How about "new beginnings" as a theme ... could do baby animals (Hop little bunnies hop, hop, hop), new plants growing (Lots of actions / dance)

5 little seeds standing in a row

5 little seeds standing in a row

and if one little seed decided "time to grow"

There'd be 4 little seeds standing in a row"

Easter egg hunt?We hide plastic eggs, the children exchange them for a chocolate one (which means that we can control the number of eggs given out).

Or putting Humpty Dumpty back together - hide pieces of Humty for chdn to find, gradually building up picture.

Posy

We've done an Easter Egg Hunt most years - one way was a series of physical challenges where the parents signed their 'passport' which they later exchanged for an Easter goodie bag. Another way was that I cut out an egg, bunny and a chick out of card, attached pieces of wool to them to make little tags (bit like gift tags) and the children had to find one of each. Once they had all three, they came and exchanged them for chocolate! The children had decorated their own card Easter baskets for the occasion.

Maz

We are going to decorate eggs and then roll them down a nearby hill (all very risk assessed with sheeting to collect shells).

Oh that's exactly what we used to do, the children LOVED it! We took a picnic with us and all sat on the hill to eat together afterwards. But ours WASN'T very risk assessed! :o Ooops!

yes i do jacquie - but children usually have to make something at home to be judged in church (yuk yuk) so usually do bonnets although we have done decorating eggs in past as well... was thinking along the lines of an easter animal!!!!!! :o

How about making papier mache eggs round balloons and then decorating them?

Oh, I might just have to give that a go (I might let the children join in too!), thanks purplewednesday1. mrsW.x

Well I think decorating eggs is a good idea as a secular but linked theme, as eggs represent new life. So the children have to be judged as which is best for something?

It would be lovely for them to think of the thing that they find most beautiful in the world, a flower, their mum, a pet, a brother or sister or whatever, and celebrate that, but how can anything be better than anyone elses as it is so personal? Or what about them making Easter gardens. We did that at Nursery, or rather they made them at home, and they were really amazing. Some made Gethsemene, and others made lovely gardens with little animals in them, duck ponds, sunbathing Mums, and all in minature.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)