Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Three Litttle Pigs

HI everyone, i feel really bad asking for help again but..., ive been given the topic of 'structures' and we've chosen three little pigs as a strating point for this. Im strugling for physical development ideas that link around either this book or theme.

Ive thought of doing a large scale building site outside with materials and hard hats etc, as well as small scale model making, using large bricks to make structures inside, and in PE acting out the story using large and smale movements etc.

But i need to do planning for 6weeks that relates in a crosscurricular way, and im really struggling now.....any ideas???

Thanks

Lucie xxxx

How about incorporating some type of 'blowing' games, blow football, blow feathers (see who can keep the feather in the air the longest). Science / forces, how much wind do you really need to blow a house down? (maybe bring hairdryers, fans etc into the classroom.

Peggy

Hi, in our role play area we acted out the narrative with the children used dressing up clothes they loved it. This helped them build their confidence up. In the sand indoors and outdoors we placed into baskets bricks, straw etc to make a house along with building hats and placed pictures of pigs on the front. We placed other resources inside the sand to help build their imagination buckets trowels etc. Make masks in the creative area of the three little pigs usings paper plates as faces along with different media, again the children loved this too. HOPE these help 0258 x x :o

thank you for your reply susan. its only a 'pretend' class bc its planning for an assignment, but your thoughts have highlighted a diversity issue which is greatly appreciated.

thank you everyone for your replies, if anyone else has anything to add that would be great.

thanks xx

'If you have a large Asian/ Muslim community you need to check that this story is appropriate.'

(sorry, I haven't got a clue how to highlight this properly)

I work in an Islamic school and 'The Three Little Pigs' topic is fine with our parents. If our children are interested in pigs then we follow their interests. When we visit our local farm we also walk through the pig pen. Last year our children were fascinated with pigs for quite some time. I hope my comments are useful :o

Yas x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)