Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fairies

Has anyone done a topic on fairies? Last week the sunshine was reflecting off my watch on to the wall - which led to the children trying to catch it. This lasted a good five minutes with them arguing over who would catch the fairy first. Another staff memebr made a play of catching the fairy and then passing it on to a child who had been upset earlier. He then released it outside after all the children had closed their ideas and made a wish. This has now led to them trying to name the fairy and telling the other groups of their friend. I was thinking of writing a little letter with fairy dust sprinkled on to it to thank them for releasing the fairy (from the fairy iykwim).

What a lovely idea! I've never done a topic on fairies - but I do remember visiting one of our state nurseries on a day when they had been making fairy wings to wear in a fancy dress parade later in the week! Think of all the fun you could have dancing around to some suitable fairy music!

Maz

I havent done afairy topic but I recall a series of books my nan bought me when I was little, Flower fairies. There was a fairy for all the flowers throughout the seasons. I told a little boy last week that the acorn he'd found should be left so the squirrel could eat the nut and the fairies could have the 'cup' for drinking honey out of..

:o

I told a little boy last week that the acorn he'd found should be left so the squirrel could eat the nut and the fairies could have the 'cup' for drinking honey out of..

xD

And did he give you that withering look as if to say "what are you on about?" :o

It was just one of those spur of the moment things that turns out so well. I also have the flower fairies book - cicely brown i think. Was thinking of fairy wings, possibly some craft ideas on how to make a fairy.

And you could always have a fairy bower in your home corner - very Midsummer Night's Dream... :o What do fairies eat? Can you make a fairy's house?

Ooh how exciting - and just fantastic that it has come from something so special and so unexpected!

Let us know what you decide!

Maz

My mother in law is very into fairies.She purchased my daughter a garden ornament that looks like a little house for the bottom of the garden.It's still called fairy's house and she's 15 next weekend!! We laid paths and ponds for the fairies garden bit like the tray gardens we used to make.I once sent her a letter from the fairy and had reduced the font size to very small and a handwritten font.It was a delightful moment.

Fairy houses

I have a friend who makes and sells customised fairies/angels so I give them as gifts oftened.They inspire such positive vibes

Edited by Guest

You must know him Maz. His actual words were 'you make me laugh Andrea' :o

I used to write with a silver pen on leaves and leave messages from the fairies for my lads when they were little xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)