Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning For 2-3 Years

sharonash

is planning for the 2-3 year olds as in depth as planning for 3-5 years.

Can you tell me what if anything you do differently please.

We free flow 2-5 years, and our planning is very complex and not sure it has to be, someone said today do we have to plan for the 2-3 year olds like we do 3-5 and it got me thinking are we doing too much?

Can you share with me what you do please

thanks

is planning for the 2-3 year olds as in depth as planning for 3-5 years.

Can you tell me what if anything you do differently please.

We free flow 2-5 years, and our planning is very complex and not sure it has to be, someone said today do we have to plan for the 2-3 year olds like we do 3-5 and it got me thinking are we doing too much?

Can you share with me what you do please

thanks

Hi,

new to all this! We are a nursery 2-4yr olds. On our planning we highlight boxes which are suitable for 2yr olds!

Welcome to the forum, Dawnie53!

sharonash: we plan for individual children's interests but our activities/experiences are obviously for all children to enjoy. Our activity plans show how we differentiate for various ages/stages and for those who might need extra support. Our continuous provision sheets list the development matters statements for the whole age range (or rather the most obvious ones!).

Then we annotate photos/observations etc with the relevant development matters statements as appropriate.

Does that make sense?

Maz

We used to plan seperately for the under3's when birth to three matters came in, I did it this way because as hard as I tried I couldn't link B23 and FS. So I planned using both documents on seperate sheets.

When EYFS came about I started planning on one sheet for all and increased my differentiation accordingly. It is working so far and has decreased my paperwork by half!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)