Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Questions

Hello there! This is my first time on here and so glad to have discovered it! I have an interview soon for Reception teacher post and havent had interview for a LONG timw. Does anyone know any current questions being asked in interview? I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Guest Wolfie

Welcome to the forum jollmojo - you've come to the right place for helpful advice! Although I'm now going to say that I haven't got any for you but there will be lots of people along soon who will have! :o I would suggest that there'll be a question in there somewhere about the EYFS and its implementation? Just a guess though! At my last interview, eighteen months ago, I was asked about the area of Communcation, Language and Literacy in some detail. I was also asked about ways of creating effective partnerships with parents.

Welcome to the forum jollmojo - you've come to the right place for helpful advice! Although I'm now going to say that I haven't got any for you but there will be lots of people along soon who will have! :o I would suggest that there'll be a question in there somewhere about the EYFS and its implementation? Just a guess though! At my last interview, eighteen months ago, I was asked about the area of Communcation, Language and Literacy in some detail. I was also asked about ways of creating effective partnerships with parents.

Thanks for replying Wolfie. I am expecting EYFS question and am currently reading up on that as I have been out of teaching for 2 years! A lot has changed in such a short time.

Thanks again.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have you tried looking in the resources section to the left of this window? Or in 'search forum posts' type in interview questions and you will come up with a list of recent topics. Good luck with the interview.

Hi there!

As a minimum, expect questions on:

how you would organise your classroom to facilitate learning

how you would assess and use your assessments

equal opps question - and how you have helped all children to achieve - and don't forget gifted and talented

curriculum question

probably a question on working with other adults in the classroom

plus anything else pertinent to the school.

Don't forget, it's your interview, not the panel's. If you don't understand anything, or if they do questions in lots of parts, ask them to explain or repeat the question bit by bit; they will think more of you if you speak up and 'take charge' than if you let yourself flounder around.

Good luck!

I had

What is the most importnat area of learning? Bearing in mind all six areas are supposedly equal.

If i walked into your classroom what would i see?

a question about if i was walking across playground and i saw children misbehaving what would i do (wider part of school)?

How did i feel about displays#?

A question about team work- working with gilr in other class and also working with my TA

my expectations etc.

tell me something you have done which was really good. Why?

I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was asked what do you think makes an excellent teacher? How does a successful foundation stage classroom look to you?

How is assessment at the heart of learning? How do you ensure other adults in class work effectively? How do you ensure parents are valued as educators (or something like that)? How do you ensure children are safe? something about equal opps but cant remember. It was actually quite a nice interview. They were really friendly. Thanks again for all your help!

Guest Wolfie

Oh, well done you! Many, many congratulations - I hope you've got big celebrations planned! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)